Wednesday, June 11, 2025

How is one word a full sentence?

NO! 
Yes, that word is a full and complete sentence. And you reserve the right to use it at any point in time. You do not have to say yes to everyone. Saying yes to everyone will cause you stress and, furthermore, bad health. Not everyone deserves her yes. Not everyone is worthy of your yes. Only a few people deserve the ability to hear your yes. Also, it is not selfish to put yourself first to maintain good health mentally, spiritually, and physically.




It took me years, almost 40 to be exact, to learn the pleasure of the word no. As a people pleaser, I always wanted to make sure everyone around me was happy. I always made sure I put other people first and never thought twice about it. Then I found myself losing hair, having high blood pressure, and wondering why I was gaining excessive weight year after year. Then I realized I do everything for everyone except myself. So I learned to put myself first. I learned that no was an okay word to use, and yes, it is a complete sentence. The pleasure of learning no has created less stress in my life as well as allowed me the ability to love myself fully.

So remember, one little word is a full sentence.

NO!

SIGNING OFF - Virtuous Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment