Wednesday, June 4, 2025

POETRY: Your Water


I may not be you're cup of tea. But I'm the water you require.  
Why do you need tea when I can be your water? I'm the 60% that makes up you. I'll carry the nutrients and provide oxygen that your soul needs. I'll give you the peace you need to regulate your blood pressure when the world is on your back. When you're feeling overheated and lack mental hydration, I'll be the quench that you need. Just like water to the body, I'll aid in regulating your spirit. I'll provide the cushioning you need for the falls your soul may feel. I'll help heal the wounds placed on your hearts, just as water heals physical wounds to your body. 
Though I may not come with lemon and honey, I may be flavored with mango or sweetened with sugar. However, you prefer your tea. I would love to be the Gallon of water that you need to make it through life's trials and keep your heart, mind, and soul floating like a ship that you can relax on and enjoy the view in complete tranquility and happiness. 

SIGNING OFF - Virtuous Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment