Monday, June 2, 2025

POETRY: "AND I LIVE!"



My heart is guarded from the pain you caused. Locked doors that no keys to open. Bricks being built on a wall everyday keep all the bad people away. But not realizing that because the Ghost of You Still haunts me those bricks are keeping out real love from getting to the heart that was meant for them. Realizing that there's beautiful people out there that want me. But I can't see to open up because the last time that I did my soul was taken by someone who didn't know how to handle it. Realizing that I gave my heart someone that decided to miss you. And that pain still cut so deeply that the brick wall that car is my heart Safe Haven that I know. Solitude has become the sanctuary City to my soul like refugees escaping from their land the only place I've ever felt safe in a long time. And even and my safe place I fear someone is going to come along snatch me up and put me back into place of destitute that I escaped from. So every day I live in fear that Someone Like You will come along and rip my heart out my chest again. Devouring it like the demon that you were. That they will feast on my intentionally pure spirit. However I work daily to get past the malnourishment of my soul. I pushed forward an attempt to release the emptiness that seems to linger after you left. As God is my witness I will learn to love again and Trust again and live in connection with someone again. So I release you. I release the pain. I release the fear. I release the destitute of emotional connection that you left me in. And I live!



SIGNING OFF - Virtuous Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment